Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh Kay!

Just completed my week 3 of training.
My biggest issue was the finger palm.
I'm going to have to keep practicing that a LOT!
Puffy pads is the killer so the coin is not secure.

The edge grip was simply not a problem. And I found
it more practical keeping my thumb touching my middle
finger. My index was free to point and using the other fingers
as a cover I easily picked up objects. I also was able to use
a coin I picked up as a cover. Displaying the coin full on, (the
head or tail side showing) the hidden coin is behind the coin
I displayed.

The Goshman pinch is difficult for sure. I found my left
pinkie is not as 'good' as keeping the coin pinched as my right
pinkie. My left pinkie has a slight bow outward while my right
pinkie is bowed slightly inward. This, ever so slight, bow makes the
work on the left hand more difficult. My right hand is fine.
So I keep my left hand near my lap and my right hand
on the wheel and practice. In a golf cart of course never a car on
the highway. no sir.

With the Motobe Palm, Eric says to keep the coin parallel to the
ground. He also mentions the site line of the audience member.
THAT is extremely important. That site line makes or breaks this illusion.

I've been trying out the finger palm and got caught a couple
of times because I'm just too darn relaxed. My fingers were not
'tight' enough and the shine of the coin peaked through.
Ugh!

We are getting ready for a show on Friday so I won't start
week 4 until tomorrow evening.

Meanwhile....oops dropped a coin...meanwhile.ugh! hard to type
with a coin palmed. AH Again I dropped it. ok need super glue.
Meanwhile, i'll keep at it and vid my week 2 progress.

No comments: